A timer or irrigation controller can help, and it controls when and how long sprinklers run. Installing a suitable controller can help you maintain your garden or landscape while saving time.
Choosing a suitable controller can be difficult with so many options. It will help you achieve better results and make your life easier. You’ll also need the best irrigation controller installer in your area.
Here’s everything you need to know about selecting the best irrigation controller:
What is an Irrigation Controller?
An irrigation controller is a device that controls the flow of water in a garden.
You should start here if you’ve never heard of an irrigation controller before. The irrigation controller is in charge of the system’s timing, and the timers deliver an electric signal to the sprinkler valves indicating how much and long water is required.
Irrigation controllers range in complexity from basic to advanced. You can select from various solutions depending on your needs, and you can pick the controller that fits your needs in terms of size and control. You can call an irrigation company near me for apt solutions on watering.
Ensure you have the correct irrigation controller because it’s the key to efficiently watering.
Types of Irrigation Controllers
To choose the suitable controller for your needs, you must first understand the many types of controllers. Some are basic, while others are more complicated.
Irrigation controllers are of three categories: mechanical, electronic, and hybrid timers.
You must manually set the timer on this primary controller, and it requires extreme caution to avoid overwatering or underwatering. The mechanical controller is a good choice for low cost and simplicity.
Electronic timers are superior to mechanical timers in accuracy and efficiency, and they have more features than mechanical ones. The most extraordinary thing about an electronic timer is that you can operate it on your smartphone or computer. You can modify the time and water flow as the weather changes.
It’s ideal for drip irrigation systems. You don’t have to forget to water the garden; set the timer and go about your business. If the weather dictates a change in watering requirements, you can do it anywhere.
The sprinkler system’s hybrid controllers or timers combine the best of both worlds. With manual options, you may set the timing and water flow. You may acquire digital readouts and control the sprinkler irrigation system with other electrical controllers. It is ideal for people who don’t want to wait for specialists to arrive.
Look for Zone Control Options
Various regions of the garden or landscape require different amounts of water, as do individual plants. The sprinkler system can be zoned using the same valve, and the space can be divided into several zones for irrigation.
Irrigation valves allow you to manage the amount of water delivered to each zone. If you need to control water distribution over a big area, seek controllers with these features.
Look for a controller that allows you to modify water schedules swiftly. You may easily set different times for separate zones, saving water and decreasing waste.
- Look for timers with extra features like sunlight sensors and a built-in calendar. These will provide higher efficiency and control. Some of the sophisticated features might help you customize your settings. Controllers can deliver remote monitoring of irrigation systems to multiple zones.
- Some sophisticated features to look for in an irrigation system controller are:
- Look for features such as the skip button, which allows you to bypass a zone without reprogramming the entire system, saving time.
- You may set the days you want the sprinkler to water and skip the days you don’t want them to water using the time interval option. It can be accomplished using a built-in calendar system, and you can even schedule the watering for specific weeks this way.
- The sunlight sensor is a valuable feature that allows you to adjust how much water is utilized depending on the weather. More watering will be done when the weather is hot, and evaporation is expected. On wet days, the controller will also turn off the sprinklers.
- It’s critical to maintain the controller in a secure location where it won’t be damaged by strong winds, direct sunshine, or rain.
Smart timers are more adaptable and come with many extra features. The most effective technique to save time is to use intelligent timers, and you can use smart timers for a wide range of purposes.
The following are some of the most crucial features to look for in smart timers:
- You can control the smart timers from a computer, a table, or a phone, and you may easily manage them at any time and from any location.
- Depending on the season, weather, and water availability, you may effortlessly alter the water flow.
- You can control the irrigation controller system by other devices such as Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, IFTTT, Nest, etc.
- Smart timers give you real-time notifications and let you tailor the features to your preferences.
You can make your irrigation system more efficient with the correct timer or controller. Choose the one that best meets your requirements and reap the rewards. Johnny’s Turf offers a tailored solution you can trust if you need the top irrigation service system. We provide prompt, dependable service in a short time. Call our team when you need the best irrigation system installation and repair in Jacksonville, FL.
A suitable irrigation controller from Johnny’s Turf is an essential investment for residential or business landscaping. Contact us now to learn how to pick the best irrigation controller for your requirements.